AT WHAT HEIGHT SHOULD I PLACE A SUSPENSION?
How high to hang a chandelier?
When installing a pendant light in your space, the height at which you position it is a crucial consideration. The right hanging height can transform the look of a room and impact its overall lighting. In this article, we will guide you on the recommended height to hang a pendant lamp, whether it is above a dining table, in a living room or in a bedroom.
1. Suspension height above a table
The ideal height for hanging a pendant light above a table depends on the size of the table and the room. In general, it is recommended to maintain a distance of 75 to 90 centimeters between the bottom of the suspension and the surface of the table. This prevents the suspension from being too low and creating visual discomfort during meals.
2. Hanging height in a living room
In a living room, the suspension height can vary depending on the layout of the room and the type of suspension used. As a general rule, it is recommended to position the pendant lamp at a sufficient height to avoid visual obstructions and to ensure uniform lighting in the room. A height of 2.10 to 2.40 meters from the ground is generally considered appropriate.
3. Hanging height in a bedroom
In a bedroom, the suspension height depends on several factors, such as the size of the room, the ceiling height and the location of the suspension in relation to the bed. In general, it is recommended to position the suspension at a height that allows comfortable and pleasant lighting without creating annoying shadows. A height of 2.20 to 2.50 meters from the ground is often recommended.
4. Factors to consider
Several factors can influence the appropriate suspension height:
- The size of the room: In a room with low ceilings, it may be necessary to hang the lamp higher to avoid bumping your head.
- Pendant style: Some fixtures have specific designs that require hanging at a certain height to achieve the desired visual effect.
- Functionality: If the pendant light is used for accent or mood lighting, the height can be adjusted accordingly to create the desired effect.
5. Additional tips
- Consider the size of the pendant: Larger pendants may require a higher hanging height to prevent them from looking too imposing in the room.
- Experiment visually: If you are unsure of the ideal height, feel free to experiment with different heights by adjusting the pendant light until you achieve the desired visual effect.
- Check Manufacturer's Recommendations: Each pendant light may have specific manufacturer recommendations for the ideal hanging height. Consult the instructions supplied with the fixture for specific directions.
Pendant height is an essential aspect to consider when installing a pendant light in your space. By following general recommendations and considering influencing factors specific to your situation, you can create aesthetically pleasing and functional lighting that harmoniously complements your room.